For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on. At a computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."
In response to Bill's comments, someone at General Motors issued a press release stating If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):
- For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash
- Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
- Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this
- Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
- Macintosh would make a car! That was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times! As fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.
- The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.
- The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.
- Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
- Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
- You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.
Charley's Recommendation Charley recommends : The best place for a late night meal is the Red Coat Tavern at 31542 Woodward Ave. Royal Oak, MI 48073 248-549-0300 Woodward. They not only keep their kitchen open late they have good reasonabley priced meals.
Open Open Mon.-Sat. 11 am-2 am; closed Sundays Price: Inexpensive Smoking section available
|Max and Ermas Wed 6/8/200|
Max and Erma's-Located on Merrill just west of Old Woodward on south side. Park in structure just west of the restaurant.
Lets Break Bread Together with Selective Singles.
|Kirk and Somerset at Jack's Tues 6/7/2005|
Kirk Singles join with Somerset Singles at J ack's on the Waterfront from 5:30-7:30, Tuesday, June 7. With the weather cooperating, we will meet on the Tiki Deck outside for music and merriment. Jack's is located on the Nautical Mile on the east side of Jefferson just north of Nine Mile Road.
|St Dunstan's Sat 6/11/2005|
St. Dunstan's Theatre Playhouse, 400 Lone Pine Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 248.644.0527 Lone Pine is north of 16 Mile and runs from Woodward to Telegraph
Sweet Charity, a musical play. Includes the familiar songs of "Hey, Big Spender" and "If They Could See Me Now !". more information here
|Capuchin Souper Summer Celebration XXIV Sat 6/11/2005|
Comerica Park 2400 Woodward Avenue Detroit Michigan
Capuchin Souper Summer Celebration XXIV Rain or Shine Venue is protected from inclement weather. Complimentary Admission 21 and over for more information call 313-886-4600
|More information here|
|Bethany and St Rene Sat 6/11/2005|
The St Rene Singles will be holding their Monthly Dance at the St Rene social hall, 35955 Ryan between 15 & 16 mile in Sterling Heights
The Monthly dance held every 2nd Saturday of the month Contact Shirley 586 939 8357 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethany South will be holding their dance the same night at St. Francis Cabrini Parish Hall
9000 Lawrence Ave.
Allen Park, Michigan 48101 Directions: .
East-West: Between Dix Hwy. on the East and Allen Rd. on the West.
North-South: Between Southfield Rd. on the North and Moran Rd. on the South @ between Englewood Ave. to the North and Wick Road to the South
|Kirk Picnic Sun 6/12/2005|
Picnic in the Park, (Beverly Hills Park) with the Kirk Singles on Sunday June 12 at 2 PM. Hamburgers and hot dogs and soda will be furnished. Cost of admission is $4 and a quality pot luck dish. Lawn games, volleyball and lots of good company will be provided. Reservations please to Pat 248-373-7752 or Stan, 248-698-2300.
|Dinner of the Month at Crews Inn Mon 6/13/2005|
Crew's Inn 31988 North River Road, Harrison Township 588-463-4144.
Dinner of the Month Meet at 6:00 Dinner at 7:00 separate checks.
|Prints of Original Paintings from Peggy Jo Studio|